Back-to-School Student Special
Therapy can be such an incredible way to get us through stressful transitions, including starting a new school year. But often what holds us back from making this commitment -- no matter how good we know it might be for us -- is our finances. So, I've created a way for students to get their foot into the therapy door, while still saving some money (because we all know how expensive books are!)
Just for September, I'm offering a Back-to-School Special on my therapy services for all currently enrolled students. Here's the rundown:
Your initial intake session is completely FREE.
You'll get a discounted rate of $20 off my full session fee on your following three sessions. (That's a savings of almost $200!)*
With this special, we can get you in the office and into the flow of regular therapy ASAP (and save you some money while you're doing it).
Simply mention this special when booking, and bring your school ID into your first session. If you're booking online, just select STUDENT SPECIAL INTAKE from the dropdown menu of services.
And, YES! I do offer online sessions, for all my students living outside of Austin, or who may be too busy to come into the office.
Don’t wait — this rate is only valid through September 30th, and limited space is available.
Have questions before booking? Click here to send me an email.
* applies only to new clients and those currently enrolled in the 2018 - 2019 school year, with a valid student ID. All cancellation policies on intake form apply, at full session rate.
Counseling + Therapy
If you've come this far, you're probably in need of a change -- or maybe just want someone to talk to.
Take the first step and book a session.
Therapy can be an incredibly vulnerable experience, but it can also be one of the most life-changing.
Through the process of therapy, I will work with you to forge paths towards fulfillment, while offering tools and support when the journey becomes difficult. As your therapist, I’ll help you become familiar with techniques that will be conducive to productive changes, in both behavioral and emotional aspects of your life. I focus heavily on clarifying your own unique values, and figuring out what behaviors, fears, or thought patterns are blocking you from moving towards these values, or are causing high anxiety or stress. Our work together will involve not just investigating the root of these problems, but also focus on the present issues at hand, and what changes can be made to help you live a more productive and authentic life today.
Together, we will cultivate better coping strategies, recognizing areas in your life where you can begin to take back control from habitual or reactive behaviors -- all while heavily infusing the process with self-compassion and acceptance. Through guided imagery, meditation, and exercises, we will also focus on in-body experiences, and feel what it's like to be fully present with what is going on internally. Using the lens of my yoga background, my work also focuses heavily on creating a sustainable and healthy lifestyle, and finding your best definition of wellness.
Through creating true acceptance of our full range of emotions, we can drop the struggle with our "messy" parts, and begin to welcome and work with every aspect of ourselves.
There is no one-fits-all cure for things like anxiety and depression, but combining the powerful qualities of value clarification, self-compassion, and mindfulness, we will work to ultimately find the best path towards healing for you -- and with that, cultivate a more peaceful life.
Through this journey, we will create a more authentic way of living, resulting in a life that is more reflective of the ideal you.
What is Mindfulness-based Therapy?
I practice the Acceptance and Commitment Therapy modality. ACT infuses mindfulness techniques, as well as commitment and behavior change strategies to improve psychological flexibility. Through processing, metaphors, and experiential exercises, clients learn how to make healthy contact with thoughts, feelings, memories, and physical sensations that have been feared and avoided. Clients gain skills to re-contextualize and accept these private events, develop greater clarity about personal values, and commit to needed behavior change, ultimately teaching them how to better work with their anxiety, depression, or other emotional issues. To learn more about ACT, click here.
I specialize in working with:
- individuals (ages 18 and older)
- the "do-it-all" woman: kick-ass females who are seeking better life-balance, ways to integrate more self-care in their packed schedule, support on what to prioritize when things get overwhelming -- and a refuge when it's all too much to handle.
- the super-driven powerhouse: those looking for help around managing work, school, relationships, and personal development -- all while running a side-hustle, maintaining a social life, and being active (phew!) -- without getting completely buried in stress.
- the modern millennial: as technology evolves, so do our relationships, friendships, and personal issues. As a product of this generation, I know first-hand how difficult these unique issues can be sometimes -- and can offer help and an empathic view on everything from online relationships to social media-induced stress.
I also focus on:
- relationship & marital issues
- anxiety & stress management
- life transitions (quarter & mid-life crises)
- self-compassion / self-acceptance work
- body image issues
- spiritual / existential issues
- creating mindful lifestyle habits
- Latino cultural issues (se habla español)
Pricing & Location
50-minute sessions are $120
Online sessions available
Free 20-minute phone consult for any interested clients
I also offer a sliding scale rate to a limited number of clients at a time. To learn if you're eligible, please send me an email. I currently do not take any forms of insurance, but can provide superbills to clients for insurance reimbursement.
For more information, contact me at email@example.com or call me directly at (512) 772-5271